What is compounding? Pharmacy Compounding is the art & science of preparing personalized medications for patients. Compounds are “made from scratch” – individual ingredients are mixed together in the exact strength and dosage form required for the patient. This method allows our pharmacist to work with the patient and doctor to customize a medication to meet the patient’s specific needs.
Some of the common areas where there is a great benefit to compounding are: Hormone Replacement Therapy, Pain Creams, Wound Care, and Dermatological Preparations.
You may need custom compounded medication if:
- You are allergic to fillers or dyes
- Customized meds are not available elsewhere
- Meds of choice are no longer available commercially
- Meds are not available in the strength needed
- Meds cause nausea or other gastric side-effects